Welcome back to Amateur Hour with [REDACTED], a weekly look at how Elevated Roots is working to be the dispensary for all (even those who are checking to make sure no one saw them pull in the parking lot).
KINGSTON, Mass. — One of the biggest barriers to visiting a dispensary for someone like me is, you know, actually visiting the dispensary.
Here are 5 things to know about your first visit to Elevated Roots and how we’ve designed things to make it more welcoming and less stressful.
- Parking — I come from a family with relatives who won’t attend certain events unless they know they can park. Red Sox games? They’re out. Parking seems to be an issue for some dispensaries. Here are Elevated Roots, we’ve got plenty of space. The team here took a deliberate approach to opening, spending time on thinking out the site, and it shows.
- Checking in — When you first enter the vestibule, you will check in with our greeter. You will have to show your ID and then you will get buzzed into the store.
- Once inside, you will see our associates. They are prepared to meet you where you are at. If you know what you want and you’re there to check out as quickly as possible, they’ve got you. But, if you want some recommendations or want to browse, they can do that, too.
- When the order is placed, you will go to the main counter. Due to state regulations, there is another ID check and the order is placed to the supply team behind the scenes. Cash works well and debit cards are acceptable (no credit cards allowed under Massachusetts rules). If you use a debit card, the state requires even dollar transactions, so the teller will round your purchase up to the nearest required amount and give you the difference (usually a couple of bucks) after the transaction.
- And, if just reading this has given you anxiety, remember, curb-side pick up is still in effect and you can skip all of this!
See you at the store!